[boost] [type_erasure] link to any_cast reference section
Joaquin M López Muñoz via Boost
2017-07-15 11:41:29 UTC

Unlike most classes/functions in Boost.TypeErasure, the following

http://www.boost.org/doc/html/boost/type_erasure/any_cast.html

does not go to the reference for boost::type_erasure::any_cast, the
proper link being

http://www.boost.org/doc/html/boost/type_erasure/any_cast_idp758556752.html

Problem is this seemingly autogenerated file name is unstable. For
instance, for Boost 1.63 the
link was

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_63_0/doc/html/boost/type_erasure/any_cast_idp984702224.html

in develop it is

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/develop/doc/html/boost/type_erasure/any_cast_idp774056976.html

and in master it is

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/master/doc/html/boost/type_erasure/any_cast_idp779380256.html

which makes it impossible to refer to this section of Boost.TypeErasure
documentation from other
pages. Maybe this can be fixed?

Thank you

Joaquín M López Muñoz

Steven Watanabe via Boost
2017-07-18 21:11:38 UTC
AMDG
Post by Joaquin M López Muñoz via Boost
Unlike most classes/functions in Boost.TypeErasure, the following
http://www.boost.org/doc/html/boost/type_erasure/any_cast.html
does not go to the reference for boost::type_erasure::any_cast, the
proper link being
http://www.boost.org/doc/html/boost/type_erasure/any_cast_idp758556752.html
Problem is this seemingly autogenerated file name is unstable. For
instance, for Boost 1.63 the
link was
<snip>
which makes it impossible to refer to this section of Boost.TypeErasure
documentation from other
pages. Maybe this can be fixed?
This is really annoying. It looks like the reason this
happens is that BoostBook sees both boost::any_cast and
boost::type_erasure::any_cast and decides that it needs
to mangle them because they have the same name. (The
test isn't smart enough to realize that they're in
different namespaces)

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe

Joaquin M López Muñoz via Boost
2017-07-18 22:09:03 UTC
Post by Steven Watanabe via Boost
AMDG
Post by Joaquin M López Muñoz via Boost
Unlike most classes/functions in Boost.TypeErasure, the following
http://www.boost.org/doc/html/boost/type_erasure/any_cast.html
does not go to the reference for boost::type_erasure::any_cast, the
proper link being
http://www.boost.org/doc/html/boost/type_erasure/any_cast_idp758556752.html
[...]
This is really annoying. It looks like the reason this
happens is that BoostBook sees both boost::any_cast and
boost::type_erasure::any_cast and decides that it needs
to mangle them because they have the same name [...]
Any suggestion on what to do from my side? I really want to link you :-)

Joaquín M López Muñoz

Steven Watanabe via Boost
2017-07-22 17:53:02 UTC
AMDG
Post by Joaquin M López Muñoz via Boost
Post by Steven Watanabe via Boost
Post by Joaquin M López Muñoz via Boost
http://www.boost.org/doc/html/boost/type_erasure/any_cast_idp758556752.html
[...]
This is really annoying. It looks like the reason this
happens is that BoostBook sees both boost::any_cast and
boost::type_erasure::any_cast and decides that it needs
to mangle them because they have the same name [...]
Any suggestion on what to do from my side? I really want to link you :-)
There are three possible solutions:
- Fix BoostBook. (I'll get to this eventually)
- Build your documentation as part of the global doc build
and link using [functionref boost::type_erasure::any_cast]
- I could have the type_erasure docs built separately to
avoid the conflict.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe

Steven Watanabe via Boost
2017-07-23 01:09:27 UTC
AMDG
Post by Joaquin M López Muñoz via Boost
Post by Joaquin M López Muñoz via Boost
Unlike most classes/functions in Boost.TypeErasure, the following
http://www.boost.org/doc/html/boost/type_erasure/any_cast.html
does not go to the reference for boost::type_erasure::any_cast, the
proper link being
http://www.boost.org/doc/html/boost/type_erasure/any_cast_idp758556752.html
Any suggestion on what to do from my side? I really want to link you :-)
I just fixed BoostBook in develop. any_cast.html will
work.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe