[boost] CMake announcement timing
Edward Diener via Boost
2017-07-19 16:03:59 UTC
I think it is very unfair to make the announcement regarding Boost and
CMake while a review is ongoing. Surely the announcement could have
waited until after the review period for mp11.

Peter Dimov via Boost
2017-07-19 16:11:34 UTC
Post by Edward Diener via Boost
I think it is very unfair to make the announcement regarding Boost and
CMake while a review is ongoing. Surely the announcement could have waited
until after the review period for mp11.
Can't disagree with that. Plus, we are in the middle of a release, and a key
member of the release team just left as a result.

Raffi Enficiaud via Boost
2017-07-19 16:19:50 UTC
Post by Peter Dimov via Boost
Post by Edward Diener via Boost
I think it is very unfair to make the announcement regarding Boost and
CMake while a review is ongoing. Surely the announcement could have
waited until after the review period for mp11.
Can't disagree with that. Plus, we are in the middle of a release, and a
key member of the release team just left as a result.
Yes, this is also my major concern now.

Bjorn Reese via Boost
2017-07-19 16:31:09 UTC
Post by Edward Diener via Boost
I think it is very unfair to make the announcement regarding Boost and
CMake while a review is ongoing. Surely the announcement could have
waited until after the review period for mp11.
I raised this point with Jon yesterday in my role as review manager.

The situation is difficult to handle now that the announcement has been
made, other than to ask people to show temperance for the duration of
the review, which ends next Monday (July 24th.)